Yesterday after I posted on the very cute Peeps Garland from Dana of Made I got to work on making my own Peeps creation. I knew I didn't have the time to make a full garland, so I shrunk the template and used it to make little Easter pins. It turned out to be pretty quick and cute! Thanks, Dana, for the inspiration and template! **EDIT** I have altered the pictures below to install a 'Peep Blocker' so I can be in line with licensing restrictions from the Just Born company. **
My technique is slightly different from Dana's so I will describe below (but of course, do what works best for you!):
1. Shrink Dana's Peep template to desired size and cut out.
2. Pin template to felt.
3. Using small sharp scissors, cut out around the template. Unpin template and set aside.
4. Pin felt bunny to another piece of felt.
5. Slowly and carefully sew around your felt bunny, leaving a very small seam.
6. Cut out the bottom layer of felt by cutting around the top bunny.
7. Use brown fabric paint to make the eyes and nose/mouth. I used a wooden skewer. I made my eyes a little too close, so be sure to check out a real Peep or Dana's pictures right before doing the face. Let dry.
8. Glue pin back to Peeps bunny. Hold in place with clothes pin while it dries.
P.S. The pins make sweet Easter gifts to give to relatives and friends with little ones. It also gives you a nice excuse to bust out your rubber stamps. Once you stamp your card all you need to do is punch two holes to attach the pin. **EDIT** I have altered the picture below to install a 'Peep Blocker' so I can be in line with licensing restrictions from the Just Born company. **