The boys and I are still deciding on what they will pass out this Valentine's Day to their classmates. For the last four years we have designed and made our own cards, but I was beginning to wonder if I was forcing my craft upon the boys. When I asked them if they wanted to do store bought cards this year, they looked at me like I was crazy. 'No, Mom. Why would we want to do that!?! We always make them.' Their response definitely made me smile. When I then asked if they had any ideas for this year, C$ suggested featuring his favorite stuffed animal, Waddle Do. Waddle Do is a cute little penguin he won at a boardwalk carnival game over the summer and seemed like the perfect subject for a Valentine's Day card. We added a festive cupcake to the card and the line, 'Wishing you a Sweet Valentine's Day'. All Valentine's Day cards go best with a treat so modified the format of the card so it could be folded to hold a little something sweet. If you would like to make your own cards, here is the link: Download the Penguin Valentine's Day Treat Holder file.
The inspiration for the card, Waddle Do...
Steps for making the treat holder cards:
1. Print card, then cut around edges. Use a corner punch to easily round the corners. Fold card along the guidelines (thin gray lines).
2. Align the top of the front and the top of the back. Then using a hold puncher, punch a hole through the front and back the card.
3. Put both ends of your ribbon from the front to the back of the card.
4. Pull the ends of the ribbon back through the ribbon loop (on the front of the card) to create a knot. Then slide in treat.
5. Distribute to your friends and secret crush.