(aka Dutch Babies/Maine Pancakes)
Makes 6 servings
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups of fresh berries
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place butter in 10 inch oven-proof skillet (Maine pancakes call for a smaller sized skillet so feel free to experiment) for 2 to 5 minutes or until butter melts.
3. Whisk eggs in bowl. Add flour, milk, sugar, salt & vanilla and whisk until mixture is smooth (you can also use a blender).
4. Immediately poor batter into hot skillet.
5. Bake for 18 to 25 minute or until puffed and browned.
5. Remove from oven. The pancake will fall in the center as it cools.
6. To serve top with berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.